Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will collect it and process it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Virgin Strauss Water UK Ltd, Henley Business Park, Pirbright Road, Normandy, Guildford, Surrey GU3 2DX. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Danielle Tilley.
Any questions, queries or comments related to this policy should be addressed to us at email@example.com. You can ask us to stop contacting you at any time by any method including contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the personal data we hold about you is incorrect please tell us so we can keep your records up to date. In particular, should you move home during your Virgin Pure Membership you shall inform us of your new address without delay.
I.P Addresses. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage and to make you aware of our products and services each time you surf the internet by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate. In order to provide you with a better service, occasionally we'll ask if you'd like to complete a survey. This cookie's sole purpose is to remember if we've asked you to do so recently, and it contains no personal information. Because we rely on cookies for the operation of our site your browser must be set to accept cookies. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not work.
Data we may collect and process
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- Information you provide when placing an order with us, for example billing and delivery address details, telephone numbers, credit card or other payment information.
- Information you provide if you contact us (we may keep a record of that correspondence).
- Information you provide if you respond to any of the surveys we issue for research purposes. You are not obliged to respond to these surveys.
- Records of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Information collected using cookies.
What we do with your information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To fulfil orders which you have placed with us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Where you are an existing customer and have provided us with information about yourself, to contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. Where you are a new customer and have provided us with information about yourself and you have given your consent, to contact you by electronic means with information about our goods and services. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please un-subscribe the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us or our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that information.
Disclosure of personal data
We do not share your information with third parties for marketing of their products or services.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Where necessary to provide you with the Equipment or the Virgin Pure Membership we may share your information with our selected business partners.
It may be necessary for us to disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Virgin Strauss Water UK Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- in the event that the third party provider or processor provides services on our behalf.
You have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unsubscribing certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- apply for a copy of the personal data held about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For which we may charge an administration fee which is currently £10.